As you start your planning off, I wanted to share my series on finding the right venue, starting with hotels. You might find a resort the PERFECT place to marry if you are a couple who:
1. Prefers convenience for their guests allowing them to roll straight to bed after a night long of celebrating your nuptials. Most resorts offer enough accommodations that allow all of your guests to stay in the same place. If you are having more than 10 rooms, don’t forget to inquire about a room block that may qualify you for a discounted rate for you and your guests
2. Likes the idea of giving your day your own special touch with flowers, lighting and linens but doesn’t want to go so far as to have to pick out every fork, glass or china. Resorts typically have all of their equipment in house making that part of the planning a breeze. Though you are also not limited as if desired and in the budget, you always have the option to customize any detail you want.
3. Wants to make a weekend out of your wedding all in one location, though you want each event to have a different feel. Resorts typically have several event spaces that allow for convenience and versatility.
4. Likes the idea of having on-site service to handle your every wish that may or may not be directly related to your wedding. For example, an on-property spa or a concierge that can plan a night out for you and your bridesmaids is always a plus!
5. Prefers consistancy over creativity. While resorts are able to customize anything from your menu to your linens to fit your style, they really specialize in offering you and your guests a consistant experience. If you do your research, ideally you know far in advance what you can expect from the resort in terms of service, food and quality of accommodations.
Stop by next week to find out if you are more of a private estate sort of duo…