Two of my dear friends just launched their pretty lil lifestyle blog, A Whimsy Wonderland, filled with all things a girl should and could do in and out of Los Angeles, and to say I’m enamored is an understatement. They have all sorts of goodness from the how to do a messy bun right to the best new trends and so much more. Today, I wanted to give you just a glimpse of what these little ladies are capable of and share their delicious recipe for homemade pop tarts. These lil guys are perfect for surprising your someone with breakfast in bed or maybe making an appearance at a girly breakfast filled with the prettiest sweets. Read on for all the details and don’t forget to stop by A Whimsy Wonderland for even more.
- 1 box of puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar+ 2tbsp
- 3 tbsp milk (I actually experimented & used 2 tbsp of raw milk & 1 tbsp of vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberry preserves
- Food coloring
- 1 Egg
- Sprinkles, sprinkles, SPRINKLES
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Divide each sheet of puff pastry into six rectangles (on a well-floured surface).
- Brush an egg wash over the puff pastry rectangles (just 1 tbsp of water & 1 egg whisked together).
- Spoon about 1-2tbsp of strawberry preserves onto 6 of the puff pastry rectangles (keep the preserves away from the edges of the pastry!)
- Fold the remaining six sheets of puff pastry over the ones you’ve just jammed up, and press down the edges with your fingers to seal them.
- Use a fork to press & seal the edges even more, so you don’t have any preserves trying to escape. Use said fork to poke holes in the top of each pastry so they don’t explode, and you don’t get kicked out of your apartment for ruining the brand new oven.
- Place pastries on a well-sprayed baking sheet & bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While pastries are baking, whisk together the milk, vanilla, & 2 cups of powdered sugar over medium heat, until it starts to bubble. Then, remove the icing from the heat & add 2 more tbsp of powdered sugar & whisk until the icing thickens.
- When pastries are done, immediately drizzle the icing over them & top with sprinkles!
Put your own spin on this recipe and let the girls know how it worked out for you. Enjoy!
I’ve been kind of in a fashion-funk lately – I’ve been gravitating towards one single color palette only, which makes getting dressed quick and easy, but sometimes you can look kind of…..drab. Luckily there is a quick solution to that, and one of my favorite ways to add some awesome detail is in a big, statement necklace. Not only do they frame your face and draw the eye line up, it adds a quick punch of color where you need it.
A few of my favorites are above – (can you just tell I have a thing for gold and blues?) Shop the looks here:
I try not to be overly high maintenance, but I do love a fancy pants cocktails on occasion. Room Forty put together some amazing cocktails for me awhile back and I just had to share the recipes so ya’ll can make these at home. My absolute favorite is the Collins Rouge . Here’s a picture of each courtesy of Steve Steinhardt. Enjoy!
So I know that a lot of people have resolutions to kick up their fitness a notch or two in the new year. And if your wedding is coming up soon, you’re probably even extra motivated to get fit. To be honest, I have always had a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym – until I realized that I was just doing the wrong sport for me. Try something different, like yoga, pilates, or even a dance class – just get up, and get moving.
If you’re on a new fitness plan (and especially if it’s for your big day), make sure your plan is sustainable and realistic so you don’t tire of it in a month. Slow and steady wins the race! Oh, and nothing motivates me more than some new gym gear….. see above for inspiration.