I’m in Napa this week scouting for a beautiful summer wedding we’re designing and when I travel, I can’t help but reminisce about past weddings in the area. Especially ones that are as pretty as this one. Natalie and Pat married at the gorgeous Carneros Inn and with it’s cool blue tones, abundance of white on white and sleek ghost chairs, it’s easily one of our favorite weddings. The aesthetic, the food and the intimate group of 80, made for a modern yet comfortable day and one we were thrilled to have a hand in. If you want to read more about hop over to Style Me Pretty to read Abby’s take on it. She even called it a “Wedding That Set the Bar” in an article for Huff Post. Enjoy the images from the too talented for words, Jose Villa. And stay tuned for more Napa goodness!
We just loved helping Janet & James create a winter wonderland inspired wedding at the Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles. From wintery trees, to sequins everywhere to clouds of baby’s breath everywhere, the room was full of wintery warmth as they guests dined on comfort food and danced the night away to a 12 piece band. Loved every minute of it caught on film by Caroline Tran. Check out our instagram photos for some behind the scenes action…
Calling all Interns, Beth Helmstetter Events is looking for an eager, fun loving, responsible person who has a strong interest and slight obsession with all things wedding related! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel that you are a great fit and meet the below criteria.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in organization, distribution, and inventory of event materials
- Sourcing of materials for upcoming events
- Shipping and receiving as well as preparation of invitations and save the dates
- Data entry & RSVP tracking
- Vendor outreach and assistance with booking vendors
- General Administrative Support
- Assistance at events
- Assistance in researching & curating online store
- Assistance in Social Media efforts including twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and blogging
- Current student of a 4-year College or University
- Interest in the event industry, preferably wedding related
- Basic computer skills on a MAC and extreme proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Excellent internet research abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Friendly Disposition & Patience
- Detail-oriented and well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Some knowledge of Photoshop. Graphic design knowledge a plus.
- A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week in our West Hollywood office.
No phone calls please.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Hire a chef or caterer that excels at the type of food you’re looking for rather than pushing them to do something out of their comfort zone. Sure a sushi chef can likely make a decent pasta, but do you really want “decent” pasta on your wedding day? Probably not. Instead find the chef that’s heart and soul lies in creating the perfect pasta. Or, if you don’t have a specific vision, allow the chef to guide you in the selections that he excels in ultimately ensuring the guests will have the best possible experience. For more tips on finding the perfect caterer, check out some tips from one of our all time fav caterers, Room Forty, here and here.